During the time from 2013-11-13 to 2013-11-15 I have been attending the Devoxx-conference in Antwerp in Belgium.
Most of the speeches I have been listening too were just great, like for example:
- Java 8 and beyond keynote
- How To Do Kick-Ass Software Development How to organize teams so they can work efficiently?
- Patterns, Shmatterns Very funny..
- Don’t use Git Quite ironical, comparing git and svn.
- The Habits of Highly Effective Technical Teams
- Elastify your app: from SQL to NoSQL in less than one hour! Nice peek into noSQL-technology in comparison with classical approaches.
- Reactive Programming Patterns with Java 8 Futures Java 8 now has a lot previously only available for Clojure and Scala and the like.
- The ideal module system and the harsh reality
- Shaping the future of web development
- Distributed Systems using Hazelcast Nice introduction into the distributed in-memory storage.
- Asciidoctor: because writing docs does not have to suck Very interesting approach to retire MS-Office, Libreoffice etc. and do documentation in a development like manner. And yes, TeX has been around for this for decades.
- Life is too short to write CRUD How to keep the fun part in…
- Agile Architecture Management
- Browser-side security: Mitigate the risk of XSS
- Going Reactive: Event-Driven, Scalable & Resilient Systems
- Practical RESTful Persistence
- Coding in Style: How to wield Scala in the trenches
- Android Application Security