There is now also an implementation of Flashsort in Scala.
In order to solve the requirement of sorting part of an array that is needed as part of flashsort, an heapsort implementation in Scala that can be constrained to a part of an array has been included as well. Heapsort was chosen, because it can sort in place and it has a guaranteed performance of . Mergesort or quicksort would have been reasonable choices as well. Some implentations even use insertion sort for this step, because the sections are small.
- Flashsort in Ruby
- implementation in Scala on github
- Flashsort (Wikipedia)
- implementation in Ruby on github
- implementation in C on github
- The fastest sort method – FlashSort
- A Collection of FlashSort Implementations
- The Flashsort Algorithm [Karl-Dietrich Neubert]
- THUẬT TOÁN SẮP XẾP VỚI ĐỘ PHỨC TẠP THỜI GIAN TUYẾN TÍNH (Vietnamese, but good graphics)
- Comparing four sorting algorithms, n=10,50,…, 97656250 with a uniform 0..n-1 distribution on a 2.8 GHz Opteron254 CPU
- Flashsort in Java
- Blog about Functional Scala Conference 2019